Payday 2 has debuted at No.1 on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended August 17.
The game ends Minecraft's three week run at the top of the chart and becomes 505 Games' first No.1 since Sniper Elite V2 back in May 2012.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 jumps four places to No.3, while FIFA 13 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf round off the top five.
Elsewhere, Grand Theft Auto IV moves up three places to No.10 ahead of Grand Theft Auto 5's release next month.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10
- 01. Payday 2 (505 Games)
- 02. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- 03. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- 04. FIFA 13 (EA)
- 05. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
- 06. The Last of Us (Sony)
- 07. The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
- 08. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
- 09. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- 10. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
In our Payday 2 review we said: "With friends, it's one of the most intense, thrilling co-op multiplayer games we've played. The unpredictability of the randomisation can make even heists you've played a dozen times feel fresh, throwing new surprises at you. Making it past seemingly impossible odds with a fat bag of money slung over your shoulder is hugely rewarding."