Priced at £17.99 / €19.99, the New Super Mario Bros. U expansion keeps the core title's world map but retools all 82 stages and introduces a number of new features, which are detailed below.
Earlier this week, Nintendo released a New Super Luigi U video showing how the expansion switches up the levels featured in New Super Mario U.
A retail edition of the add-on content, which requires a disc or digital version of New Super Mario Bros. U (version 1.3.0 or later) to play, will also be released on July 26 in Europe, July 27 in Australia and August 25 in North America.
New Super Luigi U features
- Take control of Luigi in his first starring role in a platform adventure
- Level-up your New Super Mario Bros. U experience with more than 80 new courses
- High replayability and satisfaction from mastering each course
- Play with distinct Luigi physics, including his unique slide and gratifying higher and longer jumps
- No time to waste as each course begins with only 100 seconds
- For the first time, play as Nabbit, invincible to enemies and obstacles
- Share triumphs with the community via the Miiverse feature (broadband Internet access required for online features. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com)
- Play using a Wii Remote controller, the Wii U GamePad controller, or a Wii U Pro Controller