Sony has released a full list of technical specifications for the PlayStation 4.
[ PS4: News | PS4 Games | All Videos | Gallery | PS4 Price | PS4 Specs | What's in the box ]
[ Xbox One: All news | Xbox One Games | All videos | Games gallery | Price | Release date ]
[ Wii U: All news | Wii U games | All videos ] [ E3 2013: Game trailer & video library ]
They detail exactly how powerful the system is, and what other features it contains. Here's everything you need to know.
- Recommended retail price:
US $399, Canada $399, €399 and £349
- Main processor:
Single-chip custom processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMN next-generation Radeon based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Storage size: 500GB hard disk drive*
- External dimensions:
Approximately 275 x 53 x 305mm
- Mass: Approx 2.8kg
- BD/DVD drive (read only): BD x 6 CAV, DVD x 8 CAV
- Input/Output: Super-Speed USBx (USB 3.0) port x2, AUX port x1
- Networking: Ethernet x1, IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR)
- AV output: HDMI out port, DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port
- Included: PlayStation 4 system x1, Wireless controller (DualShock 4) x1, Mono headset x1, AC power cord x1, HDMI cable x1, USB cable x1
*The hard disk drive contains space that is available for users and space that is reserved for the system, therefore the actual space that is free for users is smaller than the total space stated.