Dead Island: Riptide debuted at No.1 on the UK all formats all prices chart for the week ended April 27.
The sequel to 2011's Dead Island matched its predecessor by taking the top spot in its first week despite recording less than half the sales of the original.
Injustice: Gods Among Us dropped to No.2, ahead of new entries Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Star Trek, while Tomb Raider rounded off the top five.
3DS exclusive Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins and PS3-only Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut entered at No.8 and No.38 respectively.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week):
- Dead Island: Riptide (Koch Media)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner)
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Capcom)
- Star Trek (Namco Bandai)
- Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- BioShock Infinite (Take-Two)
- FIFA 13 (EA)
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo)
- Defiance (Trion Worlds)
- Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo)