Sony has released a significant God of War: Ascension update and kicked off a multiplayer double XP weekend.
As well as introducing online player stat cards and Elite Levels, which boost the Allegiance level cap from 30 to 40, the update addresses major audio issues and key exploits.
The ongoing double XP weekend runs until Monday at 10am PST.
Full update notes follow:
Overall feature enhancements:
- "Elite Levels" - Going Beyond Level 30 - You may be a Champion already at Level 30, but to truly become a legend of Olympus, you'll need to become an "Elite Champion". We've increased the allegiance level cap from 30 to 40. With the addition of 10 levels for every God allegiance, we are introducing a new God item, two new relics, and an ultimate magic for every allegiance, unlocking powerful new abilities. To all Warriors rising to become an "elite" Champion of Olympus, now you have a new goal to reach. It will not be an easy journey.
- Player Stat Card - you can now access various stats about your Champion's performance including kill-death ratio, wins, losses, and more. Access directly from the customization menu.
- Game Mode Inspect Card - in the Game Modes menu, we've added an option that allows you to see the scoring rules for each Game Mode so you understand what each objective is worth when in battle.
- Match of Champions 4-player scoring adjusted to 1600 favor (from 2000) balance match times in line with the rest of the Multiplayer modes. This now makes both 8 and 4 player Favor of the Gods the same 1600 scoring win goal.
- Zeus Spear now uses correct damage multipliers: L1 triangle special was not correctly using elemental damage multipliers (was using physical instead).
- Global Spear Attacks: Triangle in the air with spear was unblockable, yet could still be parried, it can no longer be parried.
- Poseidon Shield God Item: The shield will now become active when the player recovers rather than while still in the activation animation.
- Adjusted stats of the Hades spear to better suit the intended gameplay.
- Medusa Armor is now slightly easier to acquire.
- The healing amount granted to the player when using the Poseidon Heal Magic will now increase as the magic is ranked up.
- Miscellaneous fixes to slow debuffs/animations not displaying correctly. Will now prevent most related cases where the player would get get stuck in a bad state, and unable to respawn. This is greatly improved, per this fix.
- God ability pickups for new God items now appear in the correct order in the customization menu.
Key bugs addressed:
- Spartans no longer stuck in a stoned state when they are hit by the Hammer of Helios explosion.
- Audio - Sound channel output bug: Game now defaults to stereo for all new players. Existing players with preferences set already should double check their in-game sound output options and make sure they are set for the speaker configuration they are using.
- Audio - Addressed issue with music being too quiet in various parts of the game.
- Audio - Addressed sound mixing issues affecting cut scenes and major boss battles throughout Hecaton Level.
- Audio - Fixed a sound mix problem during the cutscene in the Hecaton bordello (outdoor wind sound was playing when you are indoors).
- Audio - Fixed missing sound FX impacting some moves for War Hammer of Ares, Maul of Zeus, Spear of Hades, Blade of Poseidon, Cronos Blade.
- Audio - Music now plays in Trial of the Gods (1 and 2 Player) for Desert of Lost Souls.