EA has released SimCity update 1.7, which is designed to improve traffic congestion issues.
Nonsensical traffic jams have been the topic of much debate since the game's release, and developer Maxis recently acknowledged that improving path finding was a priority.
- Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
- Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
- Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
- All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
- Performance improvements for low spec systems.
- New Server: Asia 2 will be released Tuesday afternoon (PDT)!
Despite a turbulent launch, EA said this week that SimCity sales have cleared 1.1 million copies in two weeks.