We'll be updating this Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate review round-up with new scores as they come in, so make sure to check back.
- Official Nintendo Magazine: 79% - Delivers a deafening roar of an RPG adventure, but its bark is louder than its bite. The beast might've learned a few new tricks, but it can't hide its age.
- NintendoLife: 9/10 - While we may dream of what a fresh new entry designed ground-up for Wii U could accomplish, this does deliver an engrossing experience that is completely unique on the system. Those that missed Monster Hunter Tri but like the concept should pick this up without delay, and those that enjoyed the original should also do the same - the quest is practically never-ending, and that's absolutely fine by us.
- IGN: 8.8 - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a good update of a great game that is starting to show its age, but still worth your time.
- ShopTo: No Score - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a game that could have been the saviour of the Wii U if it had not been released before; that said if you do not already own it on the Wii (the online servers of which closed in April) it is a fantastic game to play.
- Metro: 7/10 - It's not much more than an HD update, but if you and your friends have the perseverance this is one of gaming's most uniquely challenging co-op experiences.