A Tomb Raider update has been released on Steam and will be automatically applied when the client is restarted.
The patch introduces a number of fixes and tweaks, in addition to support for TressFX hair rendering, which makes Lara's hair behave in a more realistic way; not essential to the gameplay experience but cool if your rig can handle it.
Here's the full list of updates:
- Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
- Various other small fixes.
Earlier today, Tomb Raider secured the No.1 spot on the UK all formats chart with the biggest launch of 2013 to date.
In our Tomb Raider review, we described the game as "violent, scary, ambitious and inventive".