Crytek has released a new Crysis 3 patch 1.2 on PC.
The studio says it'll also be releasing Data Patch C across all platforms "soon". It's a behind the scenes update that will automatically downloaded when entering multiplayer.
PC patch 1.2 notes:
- Fixed after-match award dog tags from not loading from the profile correctly
- Fixed root cause of some graphics driver crashes
- Fixed particle shader causing black squares/broken shading on some graphics cards
- Fixed shadering issue with underwater fog
- Fixed issues with non-default controls for weapon customization
- Fixed some issues with binding non-default vehicle controls
Data Patch C notes:
- Developers Choice playlist updated to new game mode variation
- Jackal fire rate decreased slightly
- Jackal per pellet damage fall off increased
- Fixed an issue where the Takedowns spread escalated too quickly in certain zoom modes
- Grendel fall damage fall off reduced for better long range impact
- FY71/SCAR damage fall off increased to reduce their effective range
- Further matchmaking tweaks for X360 and PS3 to increase chance of local sessions being found
- Foregrip and Muzzle Brake effectiveness reduced slightly
- Laser sight effectiveness reduced slightly
Earlier this month, Crytek boss Cevat Yerli revealed that the studio had a Wii U version of the shooter up and running, but hopes of a release on the platform were killed off for business reasons.
In our Crysis 3 review we described the game as a "slick, enjoyable shooter".
Crysis 3 has held the top spot on the UK all formats chart for the past two weeks.