According to sales monitor GfK Chart-Track there's a gap of 5,500 sales between Metal Gear Rising and Crysis 3, with the latter gaining the edge thanks to a PC release.
The shooter performed strongest on the Xbox 360, with 57% of sales on Microsoft's console. Meanwhile the PS3 proved the be the platform of choice for Metal Gear Rising with 61% of sales of total sales.
'FIFA 13' continues to be a presence in top ten at No.3, as does Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, which holds on to the No.4 spot.
Dead Space 3 drops to No.6, but maintains its lead on Far Cry 3 and Need for Speed Most Wanted, which are at No.7 and No.8 respectively. Rounding off the top ten are Assassin's Creed 3 at No.9 and Square's Hitman Absolution at No.10.
Here's the complete chart for the week ended February 23
- Crysis 3 (EA)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
- FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
- Dead Space 3 (EA)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- Assassin's Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
- Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
- Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
- Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (Take Two)
- The Sims 3 (EA)
- Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)