Blizzard has announced the first BlizzCon 2013 details.
The seventh BlizzCon convention will take place on Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9 at the Anaheim Convention Centre in Anaheim, California.
A celebration of all things Blizzard, the consumer-focused event has run most years since launching in 2005, but took a break in 2012 due to the studio's "jam-packed schedule" involving Diablo 3, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria and StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
As well as providing a gathering place for the Blizzard's gaming communities, the convention will offer:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports,featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment's game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
More details including ticket availability and pricing will be announced closer to the event.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said: "BlizzCon gives us a chance to connect with our players and share our latest projects in a very personal way.
"Members from all of our gaming communities have helped make this event bigger and better every time, and we look forward to meeting up and celebrating with them in November."