Blizzard has outlined the new features that will be improved with the new patch for StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty.
In the lead up to the March release of StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, Blizzard will be releasing patch 2.0.4 for Wings of Liberty, which will include many of the features and improvements from Heart of the Swarm.
Blizzard outlined the update in a blog post.
The following updates will be made with patch 2.0.4:
- New interface with new menu screems
- Launch of in-game clans and groups
- New replay features
- Editor improvements
- New matchmaking options: Training Mode vs AI Mode and Unranked Play
- 'Players Near You' feature to help find other players on your network
- Customisable Observer UI
- Revised help section
- New game privacy options
- New group sounds
- Language selection (in some regions)
StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm is set for release on March 12, and will include all the improvements listed above. It will also add new units, new campaign, new leveling system, new multiplayer maps, new tilesets and rewards such as skins, portraits, decals and dances.