The 3DS remake of Dragon Quest VII has shot to the top of the Japanese software chart after selling close to 830,000 copies during the week ended February 10.
Second-placed Animal Crossing: New Leaf has now sold more than 2.5 million copies in Japan, where 3DS games took the top five weekly chart positions, and seven of the top ten.
Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden's release helped drive a lift in 3DS adoption, with sales of the already dominant platform leaping by about 45,000 units week-on-week, according to Media Create data published on NeoGAF.
Software sales Feb 4 - Feb 10
- Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden (3DS, Square Enix) - 827.922 / New
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS, Nintendo) - 81.559 / 2.513.424
- Fantasy Life (3DS, Level 5) - 13.342 / 221.720
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS, Nintendo) - 11.685 / 1.910.708
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS, Capcom) - 10.523 / 218.097
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Wii, Bandai Namco) - 8.859 / 386.149
- Demon Gaze (Vita, Kadokawa Games) - 8.170 / 43.910
- DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3, Capcom) - 7.476 / 164.690
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 7.459 / 416.033
- Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (3DS, Bandai Namco) - 7.383 / 420.815
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 127.695 (77.682)
- PS3 - 17.004 (18.106)
- Wii U - 12.185 (12.959)
- PSP - 11.056 (12.191)
- Vita - 8.762 (9.596)
- Wii - 1.945 (1.904)
- Xbox 360 - 593 (870)
- Total - 179.240 (133.308)