2K Games has confirmed plans to release the Borderlands 2: Add-On Content Pack at retail.
As previously rumoured, it will feature previously released DLC expansions Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty and Mr.Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.
In addition, it'll include the following:
- Play as a fifth character: Gaige, the Mechromancer;
- Fight challenging enemies in the Creature Slaughter Dome battle arena and earn Mad Moxxi's rare rocket launcher;
- Unlock unique weapons including the Gearbox Gun Pack and Skyrocket Grenade;
- Customize each character with additional heads and skins;
- Receive a Golden Key to unlock rare loot from the golden chest in Sanctuary.
The Xbox 360 and PS3 product will launch worldwide on February 26, 2013 priced at $29.99. Buyers will require a copy of Borderlands 2 to play the content.
Borderlands 2's third campaign add-on, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, launched last month, and a fourth expansion is due for release later this year.
While no such plans have been announced, it's possible 2K Games will launch a Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition bundling all of the DLC - and perhaps the main game itself - further down the line, as it eventually did with the original.