High-street retailer GAME is teaming up with EA for a a series of lock-ins across the UK.
The monthly after-hours community events are sponsored by EA and offer people the chance to get hands-on time with the publisher's latest titles.
"The lock-ins will give gamers an exclusive opportunity to experience EA games before anyone else in the weeks leading up to their release," the retailer said in a statement.
"Gamers will have the chance to play off against each other on unreleased titles and be the envy of their friends. It won't stop at gaming - there will be a variety of snacks and drinks laid on to add to the experience."
Anna-Marie Mason, Marketing Director at GAME, added: "We are extremely excited about partnering with EA to offer customers an exclusive sneak peek at their latest titles at the upcoming lock-ins. They're going to be really fun events where the gaming community can get together to test out the latest games and swap notes with a drink in hand and snacks on tap - what more could you want?!"
Those interested can register to participate events at stores or send a tweet to participating stores for a chance of joining. The first of the events takes place this Sunday, with Dead Space 3. Dates and locations below:
- 6th January 2013: Westfield Stratford
- 6th January 2013: Birmingham Bullring
- 6th January 2013: Glasgow
- 8th January 2013: Newcastle
- 9th January 2013: White Rose, Leeds
- 9th January 2013: Kingston
- 11th January 2013: Watford
- 13th January 2013: Sheffield Meadowhall
- 13th January 2013: Cardiff
- 13th January 2013: Bluewater
- 15th January 2013: Nottingham
- 15th January 2013: Southampton
- 17th January 2013: Norwich
- 17th January 2013: Reading
- 19th January 2013: Bristol
- 20th January 2013: Thurrock
- 20th January 2013: Manchester
- 7th February 2013: Belfast