Nintendo's officially announced Luigi's Mansion 2 for Nintendo 3DS.
The sequel's described as an "entirely new game" featuring not just one, but "several" new mansions.
At its E3 press conference this afternoon, the platform holder showed a trailer featuring Luigi hunting down and vacuuming a Ghost, just like in the GameCube original.
"Luigi is back on a mission to remove a bunch of stubborn ghosts from some
spooky mansions. Armed with his trusty Poltergust ghost-sucking vacuum
cleaner, Mario's brother takes center stage to capture these pesky phantoms," reads the official blurb.
Nintendo's official feature list follows:
- Shining a light on the ghosts is no longer enough to stun them into immobility. Players need to activate a strobe function and release it to stun the ghosts before sucking them up with the Poltergust.
- Different types of ghosts haunt the different mansions. Luigi must figure out how to defeat each one of them and find hidden secrets to unlock new areas and treasure chests. These new elements add more variety and introduce new puzzle-solving mechanics.
- Players can use the Poltergust to help Luigi remove wallpaper to reveal hidden areas, clean up piles of treasure-hiding leaves or suck up stacks of coins and bills. But in reality, the nervous and reluctant Luigi just wants to get as far away from these ghosts as possible.
- The 3D visuals bring the mansions, ghosts and surroundings to life. Players experience all the haunting chills and fun the game has to offer.
- This game is the first follow-up to the 2001 Nintendo GameCube launch title Luigi's Mansion.
Hit the link for more E3 2011 videos